ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip
The reliable, versatile partner for learning
ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip has stylish, robust and attentive design to unleash student creativity and potential. The ruggedized construction endures the stresses and strains of everyday use, while ASUS Antimicrobial Guard1 protects student from harmful organisms in the classroom and beyond. Featuring an easy-to-service modular design and zero-touch enrollment for fast setup, ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip is also a smart investment for education environments of all types. It supports up to WiFi 6 for fast connectivity, has a garaged stylus2 and dual cameras for versatile experiences and long-lasting battery life for uninterrupted learning — making it the student laptop to beat.
Ultimate rugged design
ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip is engineered to withstand everyday knocks, bumps, drops and spills without damage. So, whether it slips off the side of a classroom desk or the dining-room table, ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip is built to keep on going.
All four exterior edges and corners are protected by a tough rubber bumper, which reduces the impact of physical shocks to ensure critical components are always safe and sound.
The spill-resistant keyboard can cope with water spills of up to 405 cc3, so minor splashes are no problem.
The gap between the edges of the keycaps and the keyboard surround is minimized to prevent the keys from being pried out.
Safe to hold
A rubber bar on the base provides a sturdy support for ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip while also making it easier to grip when carrying — a thoughtful design detail that reduces the risk of fumbles or slips that lead to drops.
Ready for action
ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip is created to thrive in the bustle of modern classrooms. Built to surpass demanding US military-grade MIL-STD-810H durability standards4, it’s also rigorously tested to endure stringent ASUS quality tests. It can withstand occasional drops of up to 120 cm — more than standard desk height — and the hinge and I/O ports are fully tested to endure the stresses and strains of everyday use.
Withstands the rigors of daily transportation
Ready for hot outdoor weather
Survives everyday knocks and bumps
Thermal Shock Test
Survives temperature changes anywhere
Multi-sided, 120 cm drop tests while powered on
I/O Port-durability Test
5,000 test cycles to ensure the durability
10,000 open-and-close test cycles
28 kg force tests lid and bottom durability
ASUS Antimicrobial Guard
The surface of any laptop may harbor thousands of potentially harmful bacteria. To keep your ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip hygienic, the keyboard, touchpad and palm rest are all protected with ASUS Antimicrobial Guard1,5. This has been scientifically shown by the internationally-recognized ISO 22196 standard to inhibit the growth of bacteria by in excess of 99% over a 24-hour period. Antimicrobial Guard is also made to withstand alcohol-based cleaning products and hypochlorous acid water6, empowering you to keep the surface of your laptop clean and sanitary — limiting the spread of harmful bacteria.
Easy to Service and Manage
Easy maintenance and service: A sustainable investment in education
For easy on-site servicing and minimum downtime, ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip has a modular design that allows key components such as the keyboard, touchpad and panel to be replaced in minutes using simple tools. As well, the underside is securely attached using captive screws, eliminating worries about losing these little parts during repairs. ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip also features zero-touch enrollment — so it registers automatically on IT networks just as soon a student or teacher connects to the internet.
Then, there’s the easy maintenance: ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip’s design makes for straightforward serviceability, so it’s a smart investment for schools seeking to reduce total cost of ownership, simplify operations and enable robust student productivity.
Hinge & Pen
360° of versatility
With its 360° any-position hinge, ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip is able to turn learning on its head. Rotate through the full 360° to take a test in tablet mode, study or mark papers in tent mode or flip into laptop mode to do a report assignment. It’s as flexible as your imagination!
Responsive garaged stylus
The garaged stylus2 unleashes creativity and productivity, with a new push-pop design that releases or secures the pen in an instant. You can take notes, sketch, or jot down those “Aha!” moments whenever inspiration strikes. What’s more, it quickly and automatically charges when garaged — with a 15-second charge providing up to 45 minutes of use.
Creative and safe way to learn
The unique world-facing camera on ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip empowers students to explore and learn in totally new ways by allowing them to easily capture photos and videos in tablet mode. Offering exceptional 8 MP resolution, it assures that captured imagery will be clear and full of detail. To safeguard student privacy, ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip has an integrated privacy shutter that simply slides over the webcam.
Wide-view panel with eye-care technology
ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip has an 11.6-inch multitouch wide-view panel, providing intuitive input for modern learning experiences. The screen is also certified by TÜV Rheinland7 for low blue-light emissions, potentially helping to protect children’s eyes from damage.
Faster mobile connectivity and WiFi
ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip offers WiFi 6 technology to deliver ultrafast and stable speeds for online learning and super-smooth video chats, so that teaching and learning can happen anywhere. Its connectivity is made even better by ASUS WiFi Master Premium for ChromeOS8, which ensures greater speed, stability and range to help students stay connected anywhere.
Full connectivity is vital when you want to get things done efficiently. That’s why ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip has two 3.2 Gen 1 USB Type-C® (USB-C®) port — with support for DisplayPort™, high-speed data transfers and USB Power Delivery — along with two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, a microSD card reader, an audio combo jack and a Kensington lock slot.
USB-C® 3.2 Gen 1
USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
microSD card reader
Kensington lock slot
With up to 12 hours9 of battery life on a single charge, ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip will last for a full day of classes and more — empowering students to enjoy uninterrupted learning and, later, entertainment.
Enjoy the best of Google for Education
It doesn’t get better than Chrome OS. For both study and leisure time, ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip is your gateway to the very best of Google. You’ll enjoy full access to Google Play10 and find the apps you love to be productive, get entertained, play games or get creative. Children should use their Workspace for Education account when accessing Google Services for school.
Full access to Google Play10 lets you use your favorite apps for study, play and creativity. Also, with seamless cloud integration, you can easily access almost anything from any device. ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip opens a whole new world of freedom!
ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip is enabled with automatic updates11 and built-in virus protection, seamlessly keeping your device safe, secure and always up to date. Because it leverages the rock-solid security of your personal Google Account, you can rest assured that private documents, emails, photos and confidential data are safe at all times.
Explore ASUS Education Solutions
Upgrade your school's digital ecosystem with student-centered solutions.
- Children should use their Google Workspace for Education account when accessing Google Services for school.
- ASUS Antimicrobial Guard treatment is registered by the US EPA and authorized under EU BPR.
- The garaged stylus is optional.
- ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip keyboard is spill-resistant, not waterproof. Water damage is possible if the product is submerged or exposed to large amounts of liquids for long periods of time. The ASUS standard limited warranty does not cover problems resulting from accidents such as water damage. To prevent water damage resulting from large spills or other accidents, ASUS recommends turning off the notebook, then tilting the laptop to drain away the excess liquid, wiping it off and letting it dry for at least 24 hours.
- The testing regime includes the requirements of both military-grade standards and ASUS quality tests, and varies depending on device. MIL-STD-810 testing is conducted on selected ASUS products only. Note that the MIL-STD-810 testing helps to ensure the quality of ASUS products but does not indicate a particular fitness for military use. The test is performed under laboratory conditions. Any damage caused by attempts to replicate these test conditions would be considered accidental, and would not be covered by the standard ASUS warranty. Additional coverage is available with ASUS Premium Care.
- ASUS Antimicrobial Guard is tested by an independent third-party laboratory according to the ISO 22196 standard (measurement of Antimicrobial activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces), using bacterial cultures that include Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus, with an Antimicrobial activity (R) result of R > 2. R = 2 indicates a 99% reduction in bacterial activity compared to an untreated surface.
- ASUS internal tests show that ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip can be safely cleaned and wiped using hypochlorous acid water or alcohol from a spray bottle. Individual sprays of up to 3 cc do not affect the performance of the Antimicrobial treatment.
- ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip offer reduced flicker, but are not flicker free.
- ASUS Chromebook CR11 Flip is certified with ASUS WiFi Master Premium for ChromeOS. Device certified with ASUS WiFi Master Premium for ChromeOS feature WiFi 6 and offer enhanced WiFi stability when USB 3.2 Gen 2 interference is present, allowing users to stream smoothly when they are over 225 meters away or more from a router.
- Based on Chromium OS power Load Test. The 12-hour use on a single battery charge was determined by looping local video playback at higher than 80 nits and at the default display brightness level. Battery performance is based on a mix of standby, web browsing and other use. Charging time requires the battery to be at least 5% charged, with the device inactive and using the included charger. Actual battery life depends on usage, specifications, applications and environment, among other factors.
- Internet connection required. Google, Google Play, Chrome and Chromebook are trademarks of Google LLC.
- Auto-updates and auto-backup require an internet connection. Chromebook software updates generally arrive every 4-6 weeks but are occasionally delayed to ensure optimal user experience upon rollout.